Re: .cvsignore file - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: .cvsignore file
Date
Re: .cvsignore file  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 00:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > Add ignore file to doc/src/sgml
>
> > Makes cvs diff go by quicker on a compiled tree as it doesn't ask the
> > repo about the new .html files.
>
> This strikes me as a bad idea.  We use .cvsignore only for files that
> should survive "make distclean", which the built docs files surely
> shouldn't.

Why not ignore the set of compiled files as well?  I realize its a much
larger list, but seems a fairly common thing to do.  It does prevent the
overhead with CVS server in the event someone does check against a
compiled tree.

Doesn't really hurt anything either way.

--
  Rod Taylor