Re: Physical sites handling large data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ericson Smith
Subject Re: Physical sites handling large data
Date
Re: Physical sites handling large data  (Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at>)
List pgsql-general
Hmmm...

Using the bigmem kernel and RH7.3, we were able to set Postgresql shared
memory to 3.2Gigs (out of 6GB Ram). Does this mean that Postgresql will
only use the first 2Gigs?

Our settings are:

shmmax = 3192000000
shared_buffers = 38500

ipcs output:
0x0052e2c1 98304      postgres  600        324018176  51

- Ericson Smith
eric@did-it.com