Closing Statements and ResultSets - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Daniel Serodio
Subject Closing Statements and ResultSets
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
    Hi! I usually close just the Connection object, understanding that it's
associated Statement's, PreparedStatement's and ResultSet's will be
automatically closed.

    I'm trying to setup Protomatter JDBC Connection Pool with PostgreSQL,
and Protomatter's documentation state that "It's also important to make
sure you close all Statement, PreparedStatement and ResultSet objects
associated with a connection before you close the connection itself.".

    I emailed Protomatter's author, and he said that "specifically Oracle
is not good about doing that.  If you don't close the statements you'll
eventually get an error like "can't open any more cursors" or something
like that..."

    My question is: do I need to close the Statements or is closing the
Connection enough?

--
[]'s
Daniel Serodio