Re: Documentation DTD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Documentation DTD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Yes, after updating docs to the newer DTD I intend to make them XML
> > compliant to ensure they work with v5 of docbook in the future.
>
> Ah, an XML vs. SGML debate.  I look forward to it.

This one is pretty simple.  It's been announced that the docbook group
isn't looking to continue with SGML.  This is shown on the oasis-open
pages as well as their discussion in the mailing lists (xsltproc and fop
rather than jade and dsssl).

I prefer working with SGML, but not enough to try hacking away at
openjade to finish it off :)

Anyway, you're right about the patch.  Lets apply it to the 7.4 tree
after branching.