Re: Strange bahaviour - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Strange bahaviour
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just go with tradition and label all of your variables with a
v_<varname>.  Never use columns or tablenames prefixed with a v_.

It's a quick way for determining what is what.  Forcing use of a prefix
in some places and not others would not be a nice thing -- especially as
the core takes on more and more abilities of plpgsql.