Re: CVS sources doesn't compiles - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Gray
Subject Re: CVS sources doesn't compiles
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 14:49, Tom Lane wrote:
> John Gray <jgray@azuli.co.uk> writes:
> > On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 14:03, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> >> make[4]: Entering directory /db1/pgsql/cvs/pgsql-server/src/backend/access/heap'
> >> gcc -O2 -mpentiumpro -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/include   -c -o heapam.o
heapam.c
> >> heapam.c: In function eap_insert':
> >> heapam.c:1158: structure has no member named d_istemp'
> >> heapam.c: In function eap_delete':
> >> heapam.c:1341: structure has no member named d_istemp'
> >> heapam.c: In function eap_update':
> >> heapam.c:1677: structure has no member named d_istemp'
> >> make[4]: *** [heapam.o] Error 1
> >> make[4]: Leaving directory /db1/pgsql/cvs/pgsql-server/src/backend/access/heap'
>
> Control-H?  Control-R?  You seem to have a corrupted copy of heapam.c.
> If you move it out of the way and do a "cvs update", do you get a copy
> with the identical errors?

I should have checked what I was quoting first! The messages I get have
no funny characters in -and the reason for the error is that rel.h has
the following (as you can see, it doesn't have rd_istemp replacing
rd_myxactonly):

/** Here are the contents of a relation cache entry.*/

typedef struct RelationData
{       File            rd_fd;                  /* open file descriptor,
or -1 if none */       RelFileNode rd_node;            /* file node (physical
identifier) */       BlockNumber rd_nblocks;         /* number of blocks in rel */       BlockNumber rd_targblock;
/* current insertion target

block, or                                                                *
InvalidBlockNumber */       int                     rd_refcnt;              /* reference
count */       bool            rd_myxactonly;  /* rel uses the local buffer mgr
*/       bool            rd_isnailed;    /* rel is nailed in cache */       bool            rd_indexfound;  /* true if
rd_indexlistis valid

*/       bool            rd_uniqueindex; /* true if rel is a UNIQUE index
*/

[rest snipped]. This is version 1.60. Tom's patch produced 1.61. I can't
get anonCVS to give me 1.61. (But annoyingly, it gives me Tom's updated
heapam.c 1.144).

> I can report that the master CVS server delivers a correct copy.  If
> there is a CVS problem then it's only on the anoncvs mirror ...

Well, that seems likely -as cvsweb reports the file OK.

I wonder whether our CVS mirroring is sufficiently atomic? i.e. did we
get an inconsistent snapshot because it was taken partway through a
patch being applied.

This is clearly going to be a bit of a pain if it is a consequence of
heavier development activity - not least because it consumes everyone's
time chasing imaginary bugs. I'm assuming that it will just be a
transient issue - but there has been no change in it for several hours,
so presumably the mirroring is not run that often...

Regards

John

--
John Gray