Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From J. R. Nield
Subject Re: PITR, checkpoint, and local relations
List pgsql-hackers
Ok. This is what I wanted to hear, but I had assumed someone decided to
put it in for a reason, and I wasn't going to submit a patch to pull-out
the local buffer manager without clearing it first.

The main area where it seems to get heavy use is during index builds,
and for 'CREATE TABLE AS SELECT...'.

So I will remove the local buffer manager as part of the PITR patch,
unless there is further objection.

--
J. R. Nield
jrnield@usol.com