Re: lock listing - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: lock listing
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 14:47, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:34:19PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Yes, I think that would be the way to go, or look at the stat functions
> > that return tuple sets and use those.  That may be a cleaner solution.
>
> Why is that cleaner?

Cleaner may be the wrong word.

Consistent, follows tradition, more obvious to those who have used
PostgreSQL for a number of years...

Slightly lower learning curve for newbies.  Sub-selects in the from
based on functions is not that common.  Selecting from tables is :)

Lastly, it'll show up in \dS if it's a sudo table.  The function is
buried in thousands of \df results.