Re: possible license violations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: possible license violations
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Thu, Jun  3, 2021 at 09:31:15PM +0000, tom.beacon wrote:
>> What is the best contact with whom to discuss possible violations of the pgsql
>> license?

> Uh, good question, and I could not find the answer easily.  I would
> report it to the owners of the Postgres trademark:

>     https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/trademarks/
>     board@lists.postgres.ca

A point worth making here is that the Postgres *license* is so lax
that it's basically impossible to violate, unless maybe by redistributing
the code sans COPYRIGHT file.  And even if somebody were doing that,
I doubt how much we'd care.

We do care more about the Postgres *trademarks*, which is why Bruce
is pointing you to the organization that owns those.  But a trademark
violation is an entirely different animal from a copyright violation.

            regards, tom lane