Re: running from a script - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: running from a script
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 07:16, Molenda, Mark P wrote:

> I've read through most of Bruce Momjian's book on PostgresSQL and I have not
> seen anything that shows how to run SQL commands from a script.  I'm trying
> to emulate some of the work I've done with Oracle in the past where I was
> able to write either a DEC DCL script or a UNIX shell script to run SQL

So, you're trying to get from Unix what you got in The World's Greatest
Operating System?  You'll never totally emulate it.  <sigh>  And Rdb
_is_ still the greatest...

> commands
> out of cron or another scheduler.  Any help of snipits on how to get started
> would be appreciated. -Mark

Is this what you want?

psql -d test2 -c "vacuum verbose analyze t_lane_tx;"

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net         |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81     |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea   |
|  which could only have originated in California."           |
|  --Edsger Dijkstra                                          |