Re: ATTN: Tom Lane - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: ATTN: Tom Lane
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 02:10, David Ford wrote:
> ... while talking to sss.pgh.pa.us.:

> <<< 550 5.7.1 Probable spam from 68.9.71.221 refused - see http://www.five-ten-sg.com/blackhole.php?68.9.71.221
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
> Tom, if you block everyone on cable, dialup, dsl, and adsl, then you're probably blocking a lot of legitimate mail.
>
> I don't feel like paying some Big Company just so I can relay mail through them when I can do my company's own mail
onmy own networks.  Big Company will get blacklisted soon enough for [inadvertently] allowing a spammer to send mail
throughthem.

> Please don't punish the victim until they're proven guilty.
>
> David
> p.s. There isn't any contact address on the above URL for the requested updates.

You can manually decode an e-mail address from the first line on that
site :

You can always send email to blackhole3 at five-ten-sg.com even if your mail server is listed here.

I got my home ADSL un-blacklisted after a few emails to them when they
agreed that my IP is actually static.

Hannu