Re: Checking that Pg is running from a shell script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ericson Smith
Subject Re: Checking that Pg is running from a shell script
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We use this small attached perl script to directly check the port on 2
running DB servers and write the status to a file. Our webserver farm
then checks this file every time we need to use the DB.

In our case, we just serve up static content if there is no database,
otherwise we continue our work.

This script will also timeout after 10 seconds, so it wont wait forever
checking a dead PG port.

- Ericson Smith
info@w3matter.com
http://www.swapyourcrap.com