Re: Unbounded (Possibly) Database Size Increase - Toasting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark kirkwood
Subject Re: Unbounded (Possibly) Database Size Increase - Toasting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 03:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> (snippage)  That might be enough to cause the growth.  It may be
> worth playing around with the details of the threshold-setting policy.

(snippage)
> Possibly the initial threshold set in create_fsm_rel also needs to be
> smaller than it is.  Not sure about that though.
>
> Let me know how that affects your results ...

I will try some changes out here (and look at freespace.c in general) -
but dont let that stop anyone else examining it as well... :-)

(I am on holiday for a 10 days as of 24/05, so I may not report anything
for a little while)

regards

Mark