Re: [Fwd: [HACKERS] JDBC with SSL for postgresql] - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From tony
Subject Re: [Fwd: [HACKERS] JDBC with SSL for postgresql]
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 12:18, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Is there an implemented JDBC that supports SSL? How are you testing the SSL
> patches to postgresql server?
>
> There is a posting
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-02/msg00139.php) that
> discusses how to add SSL sockets to the current JDBC source code. We at
> nuBridges http://www.nubridges.com/ did something similar for Apache SOAP
> and would rather not do it again for postgresql JDBC.
>
> I've read Bear's various postings about SSL patches to the postgresql server
> (e.g. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/msg00793.php on
> 5-20-02). It's not clear when there will be a stable version of postgresql
> with SSL support. Any clues?

Other ideas:

You could look at an application server such as Tomcat. SSL connects to
Tomcat are documented on the Jakarta site. Put your JDBC requests in
JSP.

Or connect to postgesql via JDBC though a ssh tunnel

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S