Re: pg_dump DROP commands and implicit search paths - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: pg_dump DROP commands and implicit search paths
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 07:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> You have no fear that that "sed" will substitute some places it
> shouldn't have?  Also, what makes you think this'll be a "rarely
> used" feature?  I'd guess that people load dumps every day into
> databases that have different names than the ones they dumped from.
> Don't see why the same is not likely to be true at the schema level.

A pg_restore option would presumably be more reliable than sed.

    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of     death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me;
thyrod and thy staff they comfort me."  Psalms 23:4