Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Berkus
Subject Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> iew. The
> reason we usually skip the summer isn't actually a wholesale lack of
> people - it's because it's not so good from a publicity perspective,
> and it's hard to get all the packagers around at the same time.

Actually, the summer is *excellent* from a publicity perspective ... at least, June and July are.  Both of those months
arefull of US conferences whose PR we can piggyback on to make a splash.

August is really the only "bad" month from a PR perspective, because we lose a lot of our European RCs, and there's no
bandwagonsto jump on.  But even August has the advantage of having no major US or Christian holidays to interfere with
releasedates.

However, we're more likely to have an issue with *packager* availability in August.  Besides, isn't this a little
premature? Last I looked, we still have some big nasty open items.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.