Re: Counting lines correctly in psql help displays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Counting lines correctly in psql help displays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> But that said, here's a tricksy patch that triggers an assertion
> failure if the expected_lines is wrong. I intended it to trigger in
> the regression tests so it only checks if the pager is actually off.
> It wouldn't be hard to make it always check though.

Hmm ... that would put a premium on the linecount always being exactly
right (for all callers, not just the help functions).  Not sure that
I want to buy into that --- it would require more complexity in the
callers than is there now, for sure.