Re: 7.4 logging bug. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.4 logging bug.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> It's still logging the "recycled transation log file".  Is that
> send to stdout instead of stderr maybe?

No, it all goes to stderr.  But that output comes from a different
subprocess.  Not sure why that subprocess would still have working
stderr if others don't ... any ideas anyone?

I'd suggest you restart the postmaster and see if things get better,
except I'm afraid of destroying the evidence.

Does cygwin have any equivalent of strace/ktrace?  It'd be useful
to see whether the write() calls are still being issued or not.