Re: Postgres on Apple hardware? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Postgres on Apple hardware?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 23:28, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 15:03, Matthew Hixson wrote:
> > Anyone out there running Postgres on either Linux or Mac OS X on Apple
> > hardware?  Any problems with compiling/running Postgres in either of those
> > environments?
>
> I was running it on a PowerBook running Debian Linux but since Debian
> upgraded to version 7.2, I cannot start the postmaster.  It exits
> immediately with SIGABRT.  I guess this would be a "problem running
> postgres" but I suspect the problem actually lies with Debian's package.

So how about submitting a bug report?  I can't fix packaging errors I
don't know about.

No one else has reported such a problem with the package, but I don't
know how many users there are on that architecture (is that powerpc?).
You should also cc the appropriate Debian mailing list for your
architecture, since I only have i386 machines.

     "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see
      your good works, and glorify your Father which is in
      heaven."         Matthew 5:16