Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Suggestions please: names for function cachability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Sorry about that.  I like 510sg's dnsbl list precisely because it's
>> aggressive, but sometimes it's too aggressive.  I can whitelist you
>> if you have a stable IP address ... is 24.147.138.78 a permanently
>> assigned address, or not?

> I wish I could say I have a fixed IP, but I do not. It is a DHCP assigned AT&T
> cable modem. Sorry.

Cable modem IPs are more stable than you might think --- a quick look in
the list archives shows you've had this one since early January.  In
practice you'll keep the same IP as long as you don't lose connectivity.

I'll whitelist 24.147.138.* and hope for the best...