Re: pg_dump doesn't report failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: pg_dump doesn't report failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 21:21, Tom Lane wrote:
> I dunno.  I think the direction we were planning to go in was that -t's
> argument should be treated as a pattern to match against table names
> (eg, a regexp).  It's not clear that zero matches are an error when
> you are thinking in those terms.  On the other hand I can see your point
> about not realizing your "backup" isn't.

Can't the regex mode be made a different switch (say, -T or -E)? In
addition to allowing better error reporting, I'm uncomfortable with
saying "a table name must consist of non-regex special characters",
which is basically what this implies.

Cheers,

Neil

--