Re: Have problems with 7.1 -> 7.2 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Have problems with 7.1 -> 7.2 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 00:18, Darren Ferguson wrote:
> The first thing i notice is that the default port for postgres is wrong
> unless you have changed it.
>
> You have it looking -p 5431 instead of 5432.

That is a feature of the Debian upgrade process; it changes the port to
guard against interference by normal users while the upgrade is going
on.

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
                     Matthew 28:19,20