Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0, - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Joachim Wieland wrote:
>> Attached is a patch that adds a --regression option to ecpg.

> I have added a checklist item to update the ecpg regression output for
> major release bumps.  I think that is the easiest solution at this
> point.

While I can't say whether Joachim's patch is the cleanest way, surely
we will not condemn ourselves to fixing this manually in every future
release cycle.

While I'm whining ... we really need some support in the ecpg regression
tests for platform-specific diffs, so that the consistent ECPG-check
failures in buildfarm can go away.