Re: Protection of intellectual property (Schema & SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tony
Subject Re: Protection of intellectual property (Schema & SQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 15:49, wsheldah@lexmark.com wrote:

> OTOH, there's the question of whether you're trying to market the same
> product to dozens of companies, or just developing a custom app. for one
> customer. If you're developing a custom app., you could just charge for the
> time it takes you to develop it, let them share it with their friends, just
> make sure the app has contact info so other users can hire you to enhance
> or customize it for them. And at this point I'm NOT talking about just
> renaming objects, this is instead of the other proposal.

There is always a clause in my contracts that lets me leave a "made by"
comment in stuff I make even if I sell the IP rights to the client. And
I never write it the same way in each page so that global search/replace
doesn't work...

Having work stolen is great for the ego. Just make sure you get well
paid for it so that it is also great for the bank balance.

If you keep IP rights on functions and stuff and if you stumble upon
them sue!!! Drag the thief in front of a judge.

> P.S. I apologize for the top quoting....

Top quoting is good!

Cheers

Tony Grant

--