Difference of Time types changed in 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gurunandan R. Bhat
Subject Difference of Time types changed in 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

    Apologies for reposting. The difference between two times (interval) seems to have undergone a
change from 7.1 to 7.2. For example

'1:00'::time - '23:00'::time = @ 2 hours in 7.1 and,
'1:00'::time - '23:00'::time = @ 22 hours ago in 7.2.

I assume there must be some sound reason for this change, but I have
used time differences at loads of places in my considerably large
application and the whole thing goes (not surprisingly) completely
haywire.

Is there some way I can revert to the old behaviour? Downgrading my
postgres version is not a choice :). IAC, since

'23:00'::time + '1:00'::interval = '1:00'::time,

shouldn't the old behaviour be considered the more consistent one?

Thanks for any advice and help. Its critical that I get my application
up and running as quickly as possible.

Many thanks and regards,
Gurunandan