Re: Is It Too Big ? - Customer Data Warehouse Growth - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark kirkwood
Subject Re: Is It Too Big ? - Customer Data Warehouse Growth
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 03:57, Jim Buttafuoco wrote:
> Mark/All,
>
> I currently have 4 databases at ~800G running RedHat Linux 6.2 and Postgres
> 7.0.X (Yes this is an old version but the customer is happy).  The application
> is a data warehouse.  We moved from a 3 node (16 Alphla CPU's, 12G memory)
> Oracle parallel server to the 4 Intel (dual 733Mhz each) systems.  Our
> customer is very happy with both the cost of the Linux/Postgres system and the
> performance.  Each system has an exact copy of the database (using a custom
> rserv to keep the systems in sync).
>
> Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the information - very encouraging, I hoped we could keep
using Intel + Postgresql.

I have a couple more questions :-)

What do you use to back these db's up ?
What sort of io system and raid level are you using ?

Thanks in advance

Mark