Re: dumping users objects - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Manuel Trujillo
Subject Re: dumping users objects
Date
List pgsql-admin
El mié, 09-01-2002 a las 15:57, Srinivasa Rao Chava escribió:
> I have a database, called DEVE, which has got two users in it. say one
> user is tom and the other is james.Tom has finished his development
> work and james has not yet been finished. we want to move the database
> objects owned by tom to production.How to do it. if i take dump of the
> comlete database , it is including the james objects also, which i
> don't want to do. If  I take pg_dump with -t options,i.e tables
> options, what about the sequences , triggers and other objects owned
> by tom. Moreover, it is cumbersome to take pg_dump with -t option, as
> there are more than 100 tables owned by tom.
> So please help me how to move the development schema to production,
> based on owner
> Thanks in advance for any help.

I think if you entry into database (psql DEVE), and make a \d{p|S|l}
(list permissions/system tables/objects, you could solve your litle
problem.
If you make a small shell script, you could obtain a nice report about
this information.
The \dt option, also make the same effect (more or less).

Have a nice day ;-)
TooManySecrets

--
Manuel Trujillo         manueltrujillo@dorna.es