Re: Access statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Access statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@yahoo.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Have you removed the existing stats-gathering support
>> (backend/access/heap/stats.c and so on)?   That would buy back
>> at least a few of the cycles involved ...

>     Not sure if we really should.  Let's  later  decide  if  it's
>     really obsolete.

Considering that Bruce long ago ifdef'd out all the code that could
actually *do* anything with those stats (like print them), I'd say
it's obsolete.  In any case, it's too confusing to have two sets of
stats-gathering code in there.  I vote for getting rid of the old
stuff.