Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Merlin Moncure wrote:
>> I've read this email about three times now and it's not clear at all
>> to me what a issue/bug tracker brings to the table.

> In my opinion, this thread is about a bug tracker, not a patch tracker.
> We already have a patch tracking system which works very well.

Mumble ... the CF app works, but I'm not sure if it works "very well".
There's some ease-of-use issues I think, though we've now damped them
down to the point where the only really major stumbling block is getting
a patch into the CF app initially.

One thing to think about if we do adopt a bug tracker is how will it
interact with the CF app.  Ideally, patches that represent responses
to issues in the BT would be tracked more or less automatically by
both apps, if indeed we don't merge them altogether.