Re: libpq's pollution of application namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq's pollution of application namespace
Date
Re: libpq's pollution of application namespace
List pgsql-hackers
> I can see a list of supported platforms [1], but not a list of
> supported compilers/linkers. If it's just a matter of reasearching the
> command-line options that can be done fairly easily, if anyone's
> interested...

(a) This problem is really not worth the trouble.

(b) I dislike portability approaches that try to enumerate supported
cases, rather than being general in the first place.  Especially when
we can be pretty certain that this area is so unstandardized that *no*
toolchain you haven't specifically coded a case for will work.