Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL
Date
Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL  (Tim Clarke <tim.clarke@minerva.info>)
Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL  (Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 12/03/2019 05:35, Michael Nolan wrote:
[...]
>  MySQL is better at isolating users from each other and requires less
> expertise to administer.

[...]

I keep reading that MySQL is easier to administer, but never seen any
evidence of that.  And in my very limited experience of both, I've found
PostgreSQL easier to set up & administer.

 From what I've read about problems with MySQL, I think that if you
value your data, just don't use MySQL.   At least 4 times, since 2001,
I've searched for PostgreSQL vs MySQL comparisons, and each time found
PostgreSQL to be superior in terms of performance, reliability,
robustness, and ease of use.

There is a definite trend of people moving from MySQL to PostgreSQL, and
its not just because of Oracle (MySQL diehards are moving to MariaDB).

I have a lot more confidence in PostgreSQL, than MySQL/MariaDB.

Cheers,
Gavin

P.S. Don't top post!  As commenting at the bottom, is the norm for
PostgreSQL mailing lists.