pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster onsame server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster onsame server
Date
Re: pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster onsame server
List pgsql-general
Hi,

(Thanks, Stephen, for helping with my earlier problem.)

Scenario: there's data corruption on production server, so we need to do a
PITR restore from "a few days ago" of the cluster holding the prod databases
to a second cluster on that same VM in order to try and find the missing
data and load it back into the prod cluster.

Other than putting a high I/O load on the LUN where repo-path is located
(from both writing WALs to it and reading the backed up files), will there
be any problems when "pg_ctl start" processes recovery.conf and applies the
WAL files to the new cluster while the prod cluster is writing new WAL files.

Does my question make sense?

Thanks