Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Jakab,

I don't see why postgresql wouldn't be able to handle that - it's a relatively small amount of data.

When you say 150000 records/day, do you mean:

1. 150000 inserts/day (ie. database grows constantly, quickly)
2. 150000 updates/deletes/day
3. 150000 transactions/select/day

If you give us a little more information, we'll be able to help you tune your postgres for your application.

Regards,

Chris