RE: speeding up planning with partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Imai, Yoshikazu
Subject RE: speeding up planning with partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit-san,

I have another little comments about v31-patches.

* We don't need is_first_child in inheritance_planner().

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 9:18 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2019/03/08 16:16, Imai, Yoshikazu wrote:
> > I attached the diff of modification for v26-0003 patch which also
> contains some refactoring.
> > Please see if it is ok.
>
> I like the is_first_child variable which somewhat improves readability,
> so updated the patch to use it.

I noticed that detecting first child query in inheritance_planner() is already done by "final_rtable == NIL"

        /*
         * If this is the first non-excluded child, its post-planning rtable
         * becomes the initial contents of final_rtable; otherwise, append
         * just its modified subquery RTEs to final_rtable.
         */
        if (final_rtable == NIL)

So I think we can use that instead of using is_first_child.

--
Yoshikazu Imai