RE: Small performance tweak to run-time partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Imai, Yoshikazu
Subject RE: Small performance tweak to run-time partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 1:24 AM, I wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 1:00 AM, David Rowley wrote:
> > I've attached an updated patch which skips the re-sequence work when
> > doing that is not required for anything.
>

> I saw the patch and it seems good to me about the codes.
> I still couldn't check additional test cases in the patch.

I checked an additional test which is:

On Thu, Sept 6, 2018 at 7:30 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> I've also included an additional test to ensure the other_subplans
> gets updated correctly. The other tests for this seem to only perform
> run-time pruning during init plan and do no further pruning, so don't
> fully test that other_subplans gets updated correctly.

I execute the sql in this test with gdb and confirmed that it tests
other_subplans gets updated correctly. It also performs exec run-time pruning
and actually is through the codes in the patch which update other_subplans.

I also did "check world" at the latest master e9edc1ba0b and all tests passed
successfully.

It seems to me that there is no problem in this patch as far.
Is there another thing I have to do for the review?

--
Yoshikazu Imai