Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Latin vs non-Latin words in text search parsing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:09 , Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> OK, so with that and Michael's suggestion we have
>>
>>     asciiword
>>     word
>>     numword
>>
>>     asciihword
>>     hword
>>     numhword
>>
>>     hword_asciipart
>>     hword_part
>>     hword_numpart
>>
>> Sold?
>
> Sold here.

No huge preference, but I see benefit in what Gregory was saying re:
asciiword, alphaword, alnumword. word itself is pretty general, while
alphaword ties it much closer to its intended meaning. They've got
pretty consistent lengths as well. Maybe it leans too Hungarian.

I'll take your answer off the air :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net