Re: French translation of 7.3 press release - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Masse Jacques
Subject Re: French translation of 7.3 press release
Date
List pgsql-general
namespace(s) = espace(s) de nommage

Jacques Massé
Tel. 33 (0)5 57 89 08 11 - Fax 33 (0)5 57 89 08 01

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Francois Suter [mailto:dba@paragraf.ch]
Envoyé : jeudi 28 novembre 2002 10:32
À : pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Objet : [GENERAL] French translation of 7.3 press release

A call to all French speakers on the list:

I have been asked to translate the press release for the 7.3 announcement,
which I did, but I stumbled on a couple of technical words which I am not
used to in French. Here they are with the translation I used:

- "prepared statements" (requêtes préparées)
- "namespaces" (espaces de noms)
- "table functions" (fonctions de table)
- "logging" (?)

As you can see that's pretty much just a literal translation. Any
suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

--------
Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/
"We waste our time spending money we don't have to buy things we don't need
to impress people we don't like"