Re: [HACKERS] Potential data loss of 2PC files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Potential data loss of 2PC files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ashutosh Bapat
> The scope of this work has expanded, since last time I reviewed and marked
> it as RFC. Right now I am busy with partition-wise joins and do not have
> sufficient time to take a look at the expanded scope.
> However, I can come back to this after partition-wise join, but that may
> stretch to the end of the commitfest. Sorry.

I marked this as ready for committer.  The code looks good, make check passed, ran read/write pgbench for some period
tocause checkpoint with WAL file removal, and pg_ctl stop.  The checkpoint emitted the following message, and there
wereno message like "could not ..." that indicates a file unlink or directory sync failure.

LOG:  checkpoint complete: wrote 1835 buffers (11.2%); 0 transaction log file(s) added, 1 removed, 0 recycled;
write=0.725s, sync=0.002 s, total=0.746 s; s\

ync files=9, longest=0.002 s, average=0.000 s; distance=16381 kB, estimate=16381 kB

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa