Re: When should be advocate external projects? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
From: Tsunakawa, Takayuki/綱川 貴之
> I've created a wiki page to list software interoperable with PostgreSQL.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Ecosystem:PostgreSQL_ecosystem
>
> I'd like to hear opinions on the items and appearance.  For a sample entry,
> click "Data integration" under "Software exclusively for PostgreSQL"
> section.  Advice on refinement of English expression is also appreciated,
> as I'm not fluent in English.
>
> The page is presently almost empty.  After soliciting the opinions on the
> page, I'll start adding software entries.  I identified about 280 products
> that is or is likely to be interoperable with PostgreSQL, and publicize
> the wiki page on pgsql-advocacy and Planet PostgreSQL.  Then, I'll try
> actually running the software with the latest PostgreSQL (now 9.5).
>
> I could not figure out a clever idea on how to keep the information fresh
> effectively.  But I'll give it a try by becoming the work bee...

Status update.

I listed about 280 software products that are likely to interoperate with PostgreSQL.  I verified 8 products by running
theirregression tests (Distributed cache, ORM for Java), and added information for 4 products without running the
software(Mail).  I'll continue to verify other software and fill in the entries.  Then I'd like to make other 500
productsto interoperate with PostgreSQL.

But I don't know how long this will take...  I want to solicit for cooperation.  I'm going to ask for help here in
Japan.

RegardsT
Takayuki Tsunakawa