Re: When should be advocate external projects? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

I've created a wiki page to list software interoperable with PostgreSQL.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Ecosystem:PostgreSQL_ecosystem

I'd like to hear opinions on the items and appearance.  For a sample entry, click "Data integration" under "Software
exclusivelyfor PostgreSQL" section.  Advice on refinement of English expression is also appreciated, as I'm not fluent
inEnglish.

The page is presently almost empty.  After soliciting the opinions on the page, I'll start adding software entries.  I
identifiedabout 280 products that is or is likely to be interoperable with PostgreSQL, and publicize the wiki page on
pgsql-advocacyand Planet PostgreSQL.  Then, I'll try actually running the software with the latest PostgreSQL (now
9.5).

I could not figure out a clever idea on how to keep the information fresh effectively.  But I'll give it a try by
becomingthe work bee...

I'll also collect software from the following existing pages.  But I will exclude software which I think is old or less
usefull. One of such software would be phpPgAdmin, which is not released for nearly three years and expected to be
substitutedwith pgAdmin 4.

SoftwareCatalog
http://www.postgresql.org/download/product-categories/

Clustering
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Clustering

Replication, Clustering, and Connection Pooling
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling

Monitoring
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

GUI Database Design Tools
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GUI_Database_Design_Tools

Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

Database Administration, Reporting, and Light application development

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/133-Database-Administration,-Reporting,-and-Light-application-development.html

Test Frameworks
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Test_Frameworks

The exception is the foreign data wrappers.  I just made a link to the following page.

Foreign data wrappers
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa