Re: Switch to unnamed POSIX semaphores as our preferred sema code? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: Switch to unnamed POSIX semaphores as our preferred sema code?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
> I've gotten a bit tired of seeing "could not create semaphores: No space
> left on device" failures in the buildfarm, so I looked into whether we should
> consider preferring unnamed POSIX semaphores over SysV semaphores.

+100
Wonderful decision and cautious analysis.  This will make PostgreSQL more friendly to users, especially newcomers, by
eliminatingthe need to tune kernel resources.  I wish other kernel resources (files, procs) will need no tuning like
Windows,but that's just a daydream.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa