Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Mark Kirkwood
> For cloud - in particular Openstack (which I am working with ATM), the
> biggest thing would be:
>
> - multi-master replication
>
> or failing that:
>
> - self managing single master failover (voting/quorum etc)
>
> so that operators can essentially 'set and forget'. We currently use
> Mysql+ Galera (multi master) and Mongodb (self managing single master)
> and the convenience and simplicity is just so important (Openstack is a
> huge complex collection of services - hand holding of any one service is
> pretty much a non starter).

Yes, I was also asked whether PostgreSQL has any optional functionality like Galera Cluster for MySQL.  He was planning
ascalable PaaS service which performs heavy reads and writes.  Demand exists.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa