RE: Use of RETURN in pl/pgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject RE: Use of RETURN in pl/pgsql function
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'll be hornswoggled: that works.
I hadn't expected a problem, simply because I knew the range in advance:
here is the distribution for the select that I was working with:
extracts=# select billing_frequency, count (*) from report_table group by
billing_frequency;billing_frequency | count
-------------------+-------Monthly           | 50431Quarterly         |  7742Semi-Annual       |   167Yearly
| 8573

(4 rows)
Nevertheless, just adding an "...else return new;" did the trick.
I don't understand the logic of this, but then, if I stopped to consider
every mystery, I'd never get any work done:-).
Thanks very much for your help (again).