Re: Two Questions Re: Warm Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: Two Questions Re: Warm Backup
Date
List pgsql-general
     Terry Lee Tucker writes

> Q1: Can we set up a scenario where there is more that one
> warm standby?

Yes. But you'll have to consider what you want to happen when one
standby is correctly receiving the WAL files and another is not,
because the archive_command has to either fail or succeed, it can't
return "half-done".
You may need to provide your own layer that retry pushing local copies
of WAL files to the remote nodes and deleting them only when they've
been received by every standby server.

> Q2: Am I correct in assuming that ALL changes to any of the
> production schema will be written to the warm standby?
> For example, if I drop a constraint in production I assume
> the same will occur on the warm standby. If I create and
> drop a table in production, I assume it will occur on the warm
> standby.

It will, all DDL is replicated.

Best regards,
--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: