Status of OIDs was: Re: select first occurrence of a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Scherrey
Subject Status of OIDs was: Re: select first occurrence of a table
Date
List pgsql-general
Speaking of OIDs... I noticed that the talk is that these are being deprecated which, from my non
relationally purist/pro-object perspective, kinda disappointed me although I can guess at some
possible reasons. Is there some docs or a thread that someone can point me to that covers this
issue as I expect its been hashed over in depth already. I'd appreciate any information about the
justification and expected impact of this direction that Postgres is taking.

    many thanx,

        Ben Scherrey