Re: subversion vs cvs (Was: Re: linked list rewrite) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dustin Sallings
Subject Re: subversion vs cvs (Was: Re: linked list rewrite)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mar 25, 2004, at 9:22, Magnus Naeslund(t) wrote:

> >     You can use distributed revision control systems as centralized
> > systems, but not vice-versa.
> >

> Not true, the other way around exists, that is what svk does.
From its description, svk sounds like a completely different system:
``svk is a decentralized version control system written in Perl. It
uses the subversion filesystem but provides some other powerful
features.''
I.e. it seems to have a CVS vs. RCS relationship.  It would be unfair
to call CVS RCS.

--
Dustin Sallings