Re: newby question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject Re: newby question
Date
List pgsql-general
Additional note:  configure warned of an old version of bison when I
attempted an install of postgresql7.4.5 the other day.  Seems the
version
that comes with OSX 10.3.x is too old for postgres.

Only trick I encountered in installing bison from tarball was locating
the
install product in /usr/local/bin and copying it to /usr/bin (either
because
that's where postgres wants to find it, or because my path does not
include
/usr/local).

Scott