Re: [HACKERS] Report the number of skipped frozen pages by manualVACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Report the number of skipped frozen pages by manualVACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/6/17 8:34 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I don't think it can say "1 frozen pages" because the number of
> skipped pages according to visibility map is always more than 32
> (SKIP_PAGES_THRESHOLD).

That's just an artifact of how the VM currently works. I'm not a fan of
cross dependencies like that unless there's a pretty good reason.

BTW, I think there's already a function that handles the pluralization
for you. IIRC it's one of the things you can add to an ereport() call.
--
Jim Nasby, Chief Data Architect, OpenSCG
http://OpenSCG.com