Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> That's a pretty reasonable thought. I work for a shop that sells
> Postgres support, and even we install MySQL for the Q&D ticket tracking
> system we recommend because we can't justify the cost to port it to
> postgres. If the postgres support were there, we would surely be using it.
>
> How to fix such a situation, I'm not sure. "MySQL Compatability Mode,"
> anyone? :-)

The real problem is PHP.  PHP is just the cruftiest language ever invented (trust me, I use it every day).  The PHP
peopleare totally dedicated to MySQL, to the exclusion of all rational thought (eg. When I asked Rasmas at a conference
aboutrace conditions in his replicated setup, he replied "it's never going to happen - MySQL's replication is just too
fast...).

Chris