Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>   1) become active in the "also supports postgres" projects,
>      and add features that are made available _because_ of
>      postgres' superiority.  Eventually, market pressure
>      for the cool feature(s) will lead users to choose
>      postgres, and mysql could be relegated to the "also
>      runs on mysql, with limited featureset"

Take, for example, phpPgAdmin.  It was originally forked from phpMyAdmin, but we've just done a complete rewrite
(becausephpMyAdmin was written my mysql/php weenies who couldn't code nicely to save their lives...).

However, it's me doing 99% of the coding, Rob doing advocacy and a heap of people who send in translations.
Translationsare very nice, but I so rarely get actual code contributions.

phpMyAdmin even implements it's OWN comment and foreign key feature!!

Chris